Thursday, August 12, 2010

Love the 'home' your with

This morning's lovely surprise was a flooded basement. We have been having some weird storms that last literally 10 minutes but take down trees, causes power outages etc. After a brief meltdown, I settled in to remove buckets of water with my super duper tools- 2 empty yogurt containers and an old paint bucket.  

Minutes into it- it made me think of all the people whose homes have been destroyed by extreme weather/quakes/fires. In the bigger scheme of things, a flooded basement is a drop in the bucket (no pun intended). 

So today, my prayer that displaced people everywhere find the solace that 'HOME' brings somewhere.

In other news: my fellow thrifter buddy Jess and I are going to this. 
43 Miles of HAPPINESS (yes, yard sales make me happy).  We have our truck ready, some red bull and lots of water and cash!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the basement flooding. No real damage, I hope. And I admire your perspective about the incident; that's really important to remember.

    So jealous of your impending thrifting spree. Take some pics for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sorry to hear about your basement. I do agreed with Alexis, you're taking it like a champ and thinking about others. Very considerate!

    ReplyDelete