Friday, August 6, 2010

No butter after all

So after going back and forth on a paint color, I finally painted the dining/kitchen combo. We did not end up doing the 'color-of-butter'. We picked Benjamin Moore's Horizon Gray. For some reason it shows like a Sage-Gray. But I still love it.


Also, we got started on the backsplash. We chanced on this carrara marble subway tile at a tile closeout place. They had about 9 boxes left, so just enough for a backsplash. Conversation went something like this:

Me: How much would you sell me the 9 boxes for?
Sales guy: $100
Me: That is too much
My contractor: That is too much, give us a better deal
Sales guy: $75
My contractor: $50
Sales guy: $50 and you buy me lunch
My contractor: $50, and we will bring you McDonalds.

Sold!!!! and saved probably 85% OFF the actual cost of the tile. It is still wet- hence the gray hue, but it will dry closer to white.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I just stumbled on your blog, I can't wait to see your finished kitchen. Great job so far.

    ReplyDelete